Re: sea and sky excluded...

In a message dated Mon, 8 Jan 2001  8:44:02 PM Eastern Standard Time, cheap
broadway <pren_alpha at rocketmail_com> writes:

<< I'm searching for songs involving boats, ships, pirates.  "sitting on
the dock of the bay" and "sail away" are about all that comes to my
mind.  help?  please?

"Sloop John B." Um...much of the Jimmy Buffet catalogue. Er...I have some
songs from my various Ren faires. (If I were A Blackbird," "The Black Velvet
Band"-- though that latter's abit of a stretch.) Lessee...CSN&Y's "Southern
Cross." There's an Indigo Girls song that mentions a pirate carrying off a
fair maiden.

Any good so far?