Bit's and Pieces

MP3 OF THE MONTH

http://www.overtherhine.com/music/mp3rarity/index.html

Live recording of Poughkeepsie Recorded on December 20, 2000 at The Rosebud
in Pittsburgh. Karin Bergquist, vocals and acoustic guitar; Linford
Detweiler, piano and Hammond organ; Jack Henderson, lapsteel; Chris Donohue,
bass; Dale Baker, drums.

During the show, this performance of Poughkeepsie was dedicated to the memory
of Rob Buck of 10,000 Maniacs. Pops Staples and Kirsty MacColl had also
passed away.

.    .     .     .     .     .     .
CONCERT DATE
January 13, 2001: Holland MI
Over the Rhine will be performing at Hope College 's Veritas Forum.
Hope College is located at 141 East 12th St., Holland MI 49423.
More info: Joel Tannis at joelfish at macatawa_org
Show: Dimnent Memorial Chapel located at the corner of 12th and College
Doors 7:00pm, show 8:00pm
Tickets: $5 available beginning on Monday, January 8 at Holland CD, located
in downtown Holland at 48 E. 8th St., and at Hope's Student Union Desk,
located in the DeWitt Center on Columbia Avenue at 12th Street. Tickets also
available at the door.

.    .     .     .     .     .     .
OTHER NEWS
Fans of Over the Rhine have been recording cover versions of the band's songs
for a rumored upcoming compilation release. Brace yourself for all manner of
musical mayhem. (Proceeds from the project are to be donated to charity.)
Here's a version of "Hej (I Do)" to whet your appetites...

http://www.overtherhine.com/music/compilations/index.html

song: "Hej (I Do)"
artist: Drenched
(Jana Leigh, Tom Herr, David Armstrong, David Green)
time: 5:01

WEEKLY SPECIAL - PHONE ORDERS ONLY  Jan 8 - 12  2001
Buy any three CDs and receive two more of your choice at no cost. We'll pick
up the postage. $45 gets you five chapters of a story without an ending. Good
on phone orders only. Call 513.731-6837, M-F 10:00am - 5:00pm EST.
International orders may be faxed.  Special ends 5:00pm Friday, January 12.

DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL