Re: arguing divinity and sex (was sex/fronteer)

good morning all :)

(me)
> > it's contradictory, maybe, for a particular school
> of
> > thought...that is one among many...but not for
> every
> > thinker out there...certainly not for people of
> faith.

(kyle)
> so people of faith have no need for logic,  is that
> right?

i think that terminology is pretty superficial.
first, many people of faith use logic to try to relate
to god, to understand god, to understand their world
too.  my point was that the various schools of thought
explain things differently and that yours is one among
many.  out of humility, neither you nor i have grasped
it all.

as far as faith and logic are concerned, i believe
faith transcends logic.  in the end, what truly is to
be will be whether i have understood it as such or
not.  i am not the author and finisher, so to speak.
i am not god.  so maybe it's true that i, as a person
of faith, don't _need_ logic...that i'm not dependent
upon it.

there are many times when the most profound lessons i
learned (mostly through my mistakes) revealed that the
state of things was actually the opposite of what i
"thought," and what i thought very logically (what
turned out to be a strong argument).  just b/c a
person cannot dispell my logic doesn't mean that god
can't.

(kyle)
> > oh c'mon.  don't tell me you're an essentialist
> now
> > :)?
>
> i don't see what essentialism have anything to do
> with what i said.

you said that "you've always been that way" (i.e.
inherently bored by monogamy etc.).  it was a joke.

take care, kyle.  and list.
-j. marie