RE: sacred sex stuff...

> Sex is not sacred.  By any stretch of the imagination.  It is a gift
> that--like any other gift--must be enjoyed responsibly.
> To say that sex is sacred is to say that the body is sacred.  It is not.
> I'm not an acetic here, but the moment we stop realizing how ironic our
> existence is--spiritual beings married to our material bodies--the moment we
> lose sight of the core of life.  I guess I'm not making any sense here, am
> I?
> Would you ever perform sex as a sacred rite, to get closer to God?  Some
> Pagans did, and still do.  But is that a Christian thing to do?  Does the
> "whatever you do, do unto the Lord," thing apply here?
> I guess that's what's sticking in my brain when I hear "sex" and "sacred" in
> the same sentence.

Whoah -- I can't say I could posibly disagree with you more.  It
sounds like you're walking dangerously close to a sort of
Gnosticism...God created us to be human, and he created us to live on
earth -- even the concerning the term "New" heavens and "new earth",
when relating to our future existence in the Kingdom of God -- the
word "new" is not "neo", which means brand-new, but rather is the
word meaning "renewed" or the refining of something which already is.
And our bodies -- Jesus was raised in a physical body, else, we
would've had his spirit walking around, but his body still in the
tomb...and it says "we will be raised like him"...like Jesus we will
be raised in a spiritual body (it won't be tainted by sin), but it
will be PHYSICAL.  I really see Jesus as God with skin on, meaning
that the physical world IS SACRED.  And, more than ANYTHING else, I
believe, sex should be done "as unto the Lord."
Sorry for preachin'.  That's my take on it.  BTW...I think I liked
Linford's poem.
blessings,

mr. shannon lee lewis
SLEWIS at libris_libs.uga.edu
http://www.wdausa.org/   (WDA)
http://soe.pair.com/     (Set on Edge)
NOW PLAYING; Colin Blunstone - Some Year: It's the Time of...