Re: A Clove Cigarette in a Pear Tree

Dan wrote things that have one > in front of 'em.
Bruce wrote the things with two > and none

> > Movie: Sixth Sense
> > Film: Insider
> > Cinema: American Beauty

>yah.  i saw 'em all... AB is the best of the three,
>6th sense was great as well.

Maybe you saw a different Sixth Sense than I did.

>insider had good acting, but it was WAY long, dude...
>especially since i saw it on thanksgiving '99 after
>playing a game of tackle football... i didn't want
>to see a legally-infused, scare-tactic-drama about
>the cigarette industry.  good acting, though.

It was dandy, in my opinion.  Made me want to smoke
even less if that's possible.

> > "F", given it's the word d'jour.

>"what's the soup d'jour?"
>"it's the soup of the day."
>"mmm.. that sounds good, i think i'll have that."

I love that.

>what would f-word soup be like?

The answer to this depends on each person, and what 'random' distribution
the Provider provides in your particular bowl of alphabet soup that day.
It's kinda like Scrabble.  Obviously, you need at least one "u", "k", "f"
and "c", but from there it's all a crapshoot.

Last Thursday my f-word soup read something like this:

"loudly for Truth have liars pled, click;
where Boobs are holy, poets mad,
illustrious punks of Progress shriek;
when Souls are outlawed, Hearts are sick,
Hearts being sick, Minds nothing can:
if Hate's a game and Love's a fuck
who dares to call himself a man?

King Christ, this world is all aleak;
and lifepreservers there are none:
and waves which only He may walk
Who dares to call Himself a man."

which was quite a feat, since it was just a cup of soup.  Ignorant enough to
pass it along as original, but well-read enough to push cummings' letters to
the surface.

It humbled me.  Then I remembered the simple truth that if a million monkeys
shook cups of alphabet soup, one would eventually come up with a killer
haiku.

Avoids the sick, is kinda poor, turns up the volume on a mime,
Bruce