Re: C.S. Lewis

In a message dated 12/18/00 5:24:58 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Owner-Over-The-Rhine at actwin_com writes:

<<  From: "Sherry Pofahl" <msp at mhtc_net>
 Subject: Re: Poem

 My reaction to "Hey You," as a Christian...

 I thought two things while reading this wonderfully affecting poem:

 1) Good art is often inappropriate for polite company.

 2) Christian brothers and sisters need not be obsessed with being polite,
 nor being genteel.

 Thank you for reading my humble thoughts.

 Sherry

   I think I hear C.S. Lewis chuckling from beyond the grave.

   From time to time, this Christian writer (whom I admire), use to slip in
   the occasional "damn" and "ass". I wonder if Christian people realize
this.
   And any man who wrote "We ought to be a match for one beaver if it turns
out
   to be an enemy" has earned my respect.

Brittney