Re: Appreciation (was RE: OTR relocating)

In a message dated 12/10/00 8:15:42 PM Central Standard Time,
michael at downey_net writes:

You're fighting nearly insurmountable odds trying to get most people in
Indiana to appreciate anything creative, IMHO. If it doesn't have to deal
with the Pacers, NASCAR, or the latest farm reports, you're usually stuck.

A few weeks ago on a particularly cold-but-clear Friday evening, I was out
at a Barnes & Noble bookstore listening to a really awesome artist getting
sounds out of a hammered dulcimer I didn't know was possible. There were
about ten of us sitting around, but I seemed to be the only one to show
appreciation at all for his talent and expression.

I think it's just something one learns to accept living here. Some things
never change.

Um, thanks.  As a person from South Bend that listen's to OTR, Sam Phillips,
Fleming and John, Vigilantes, etc., thank you for your limited insight.  And
please feel free to move, soon.