RE: Appreciation (was RE: OTR relocating)

	> From: Amy Joy Eversole
	> Subject: Re: Appreciation (was RE: OTR relocating)
	>
	> to the thrift store in my hometown, you're guaranteed to hear
	> at least three languages spoken there.

Hello Amy,

I think that like any other place in this distinctively hodge-podge nation
of ours, one would certainly be able to find a bastion of culture with a
some effort. It all depends on where one looks.

In addition to other (smaller) communities, I had the experience of growing
up in the Indianapolis area, where there was certainly a mixture of all egos
imaginable. But for every open-minded intelligent conversation I had, it
seems I had at least three to the contrary. Again, it's only my experience
and I'm sure there are countless others both better and worse than my own.
Sometimes I let it affect me; usually, I didn't. (Don't?)

Many times, when I heard another language spoke, the English-speaking souls
were complaining about the lack of effort of another to learn the "language
of our country". I really think it's a shame that there can be so many
people unwilling to explore with and learn from others.

Now that I'm really off-topic, I'll close for now. ;-)

Cheers,
- Michael