Re: newbie from Philly

rhubarb beer sounds lovely--is it anything like a lambic brew?

i have a question for the philly rhinelanders--gary, you mentioned that you
work in a coffee shop sometimes.  a few weeks ago, my roommate and i went to
philly and searhed up and down south street for some sunday morning coffee
that wasn't from starbucks, in a futile attempt to find a hip, independently
owned establishment.  are there not any such places, or were we just blind?
the starbucks lattes we were finally forced to buy were good, and the people
were super-nice, but are there really no other options?

just wondering,
amyjoy

-- BEGIN included message

Rhubarb Beer is a fine summertime beverage pleasantly enjoyed while reclining in (imaginary) orchards.  I brewed a batch of it a couple summers ago in the woods of Central Maine with a good buddy.   I may have a couple bottles in my parents' cellar up there.  Maybe I'll bring some back next time I'm in the northlands, where the "weather keeps you real."
Lara, see, I do pop my head out when invited, I'm kind of shy around these new-fangled pseudo-personal webchat things. lol.
Gary

-- END included message