Re: Exscuse me...

In a message dated 11/14/00 7:34:11 PM Central Standard Time,
Ysobelle at aol_com writes:

<< It IS possible to admit the
 valididty of another person's point of view while completely disagreeing
 with their opinion. >>

possible but not often practiced.

A line from VoL comes to mind "we all need to feel one up on the other"

we usually come to the table with a smug closed-mindedness --
liberal/conservative, skeptic/believer, intelligent/simple, alike because we
ARE all alike in that we have (are driven to) formed a world view in order to
make sense out of the world.  It gives us a feeling of security.  Anything
that would threaten that security we tend to attack in many ways, one being
the belittling or caricaturing of said threat in order to discredit it.

Directed at everyone in particular, including myself.

kevin
(going to watch Underdog now to see something a bit more educational than all
the the the...whatever it you want to call that stuff that's been passing for
news lately)

A plague of both their houses!