Re: Education and election

> the poor has always been a big voting block for the democrates, no surprise
> there, but then there are also the well-educated and liberal-by-choice
> people...eitherway, its always fun to poke at the uptight conservatives.

I love how stupid and blind to your own biases you are, Kyle.  You're just
as bad as those Republicans who say that democrats are nothing but a bunch
of hippies.

> > Ignoring ideology and the "nya nya" factor for a moment, I can think of
> one
> > excellent reason - you don't have to be in the "top one percent" of income
> > benefit from Bush updating the tax laws,
>
> the tax-cut is based on a federal budget surplus that's not going to be
> there. the economy is slowing down as it is.  and see if you can follow this
> line of events here:  taxcut--more discretionary spending cash in the hands
> of the consumer--inflation--higher interest rates--recession which is coming
> within the next fours years.

you might just be right, but do you really think that the federal programs
don't shift that money into discretionary spending?  Who do you think gets
the money in these drug programs?  Ultimately, it goes into the hands of
those who work for the government or the drug companies.

I'm not endorsing the Republican plan, but I want to point out that both
parties are out to line their own pockets.

> >My wife and I would have saved $7500 last year ALONE had a
> > Bush tax code update been in place.
>
> that $7500 would've come in handy for the down payment for that SUV that
> gets 5 miles to the gallon to match your neighbor's, right?

As I've been living in "liberal" South Western Oregon, I have noticed an
inordinate amount of very expensive Land Rovers, Dodge Rams, Mercedes',
BMW, and a large number of Porsche's that surprised me.

> >Educated tend to have good jobs, and
> > be able to do the math on such things.
>
> for some, education opens eyes to the problems and the inequalities.  for
> some, education is a way to help others who are not as fortunate.  and then
> for some, education is merely a formality taken for granted, nothing taken
> and nothing given in the process;  wasted time and effort, pearls before
> swines.

HA!  I've been involved in "higher" education for nearly five years now,
and I think that your view of education is skewed at best.

> >I think you have to be a union
> > electrician in Hollywood with a hybrid electric vehicle to benefit from a
> Gore
> > plan.
>
> gore had a "hybrid electric volkswagon in every garage" plan?

Yeah, didn't you hear?  It's just like Bush's "everyone gets all their
taxes back" plan.

> > The electoral college gives a balance to the small states.
>
> the small states are no more consequential in the electoral system or
> otherwise.

Um...Yes they are.  They have almost twice the power than they would have
under a strict percentage system.

> >We don't throw out our constitution every time we loose
> > like a banana republic.
>
> what does that mean?  "we loose like a banana republic",  another well
> educated conservative i see.

I believe it was supposed to be "lose".  They probably typed two o's in
their frustration.  It is probably a reference to the fact that we have a
Constitution that has stood for about 220 years which beats the pants off
of most other countries in the woorld.  Of course, if your a true
academic, you could argue that we have had at least two major miscarriages
of the constitution in Lincoln's presidency adn during the assasination of
Kennedy.  Those event in other countries could have resulted in more
bloodshed than it had here.   Although, we also fail to recognize that our
country's history ahs not been too different from those of the Latin
American countries.

Just the insane ramblings of
Steve