Re: Call for a re-vote.

My summary of my thoughts from what everyone else said. :-)

-  Might I point out that the vote for Buchanan was just as close to the
vote for Bush as it was for Gore???  And I don't here any complaints from
people saying "oops I meant to vote for Bush"

- a revote would not be fair. There were many people who thought "my vote
wouldn't count" and so they didn't vote. Now they would. A revote over the w
hole country really would be silly. And as far as doing what the people
wanted they only seem to be talking to a certain type of people. Even some
Gore supporters are telling him to back off. A revote also wouldn't be fair
becuase when people know the outcome of their votes they will change their
votes. No longer will they vote for the green party or the liberals (most of
those second choices would be Gore, not Bush) who they wanted to win.

- If we really had a chance to look closely at other states sure enough
there would be problems with ballots there as well, getting thrown out
because of double voting, people not sure they voted for the right person.

- it's quite possible that all those people in Palm Beach actually voted for
the person they wanted they merely think they might not have.

- I imagine had the recount stated Gore as the winner then this wouldn't
even been being considered. I mean, just because *he* didn't win he is
trying to recount again, and by hand (which will produce more mistakes than
a computer)

-  both parties had a chance to change the ballot before and none of them
thought it was hard. It has been used in past elections and there was no
problems then.

- we voters know how it works, if not there are also instructions. You can't
double punch, you can't circle someone's name because you are unsure.... If
you are unsure you call someone to help you. Those votes would be invalid
and thrown out.

- even some Gore supporters are telling him to back off.  Do we really want
a president who forces his way into office? It's been counted twice and both
times showed that Bush won.

- Let's not start talking about fair and not fair or say "I got the chance
to vote and they didn't" because you know what, my ballots probably weren't
counted. I live in Romania and I just found out becuase of this circumstance
that most absentee ballots aren't even in the states yet and aren't counted.

Amy