RE: All That You Can't Leave Behind

After reading Fred Johnson's and Thurman Allen's posts yesterday, seeing the
video for Beautiful Day several times on VH1, Elevation on the album release
special, and just generally anticipating, I picked up a copy of ATYCLB
yesterday.

I have dug U2 ever since I heard "Into the Heart" early in 1981 the first
time (I think) that they were ever played on a major radio station in
Chicago (WXRT - "The Big Beat" Friday night 11:00).  Got to see them in
Denver in 1982 with less than 2,000 of us packed into a tiny little theatre.
OK, enough history...

I LOVE the new album!!! Hearing it is no less exciting than hearing any new
U2 has ever been.  "Beautiful Day" is one of the most uplifting, triumphant,
yet haunting songs (melody and lyrics) that I've heard in years...Every song
can and does stand alone on this album, and yet is integral to the
whole...(I don't have time to go into detail right now)

The only thing that concerns me is Bono's voice...not that it sounds
bad...it just sounds like he needs to take better care of it...

I encourage anyone who is remotely interested in U2 to check it out.  I
believe it will become one of their classics...

Kevin Phipps