Revolver Show and "Re: All That You Can't Leave Behind"

I've been silent on this list a tad to long.

I am hugely disappointed that I didn't get to attend the Monk "Revolver" show
as I spend quite a few hours in the studio with Ric and co. chatting and
listening to the Beatles (on occasion).

On my 4th listen through the new U2 album and I have to say it is wonderful.
This music really seems more like the natural progression that I heard
happening on "The Sweetest Thing" which is "classy soul pop" than that POP
album. Though POP did have a few good songs just like Zooropa. One big change
I do notice is Bono has become a bit more of a crooner ala Elvis Costello
(teamed with Burt Bacharat) and Frank Sinatra. In fact I've seen some pics of
Bono with one of those tanish hats and unshaven that is dead on Costello.
This change though (the crooning) I actually like mostly, the first time i
noticed it was prob. around '96 when i saw the man on a TV special Tribute to
Frank Sinatra and Bono sang with an orchestra/big band a Sinatra song.

Anyway, standout tracks for me at this point are "When I look at the world",
"Grace" and "Elevation". If you do feel like there is something missing from
this album like more of those EPIC songs I can understand that and have to
suggest you go out and buy the MILLION DOLLAR HOTEL soundtrack which has "The
Ground Beneath Her Feet" and "Stateless" from U2 along with other great songs
and mood music by Bono and Daniel Lanois. I do think those two U2 songs would
have added to the album. Plus then they could get rid of "New York".

Chris Flinchbaugh