Re: Monk's Revolver Show

At 04:52 PM 10/30/00 GMT, Bruce Lachey wrote:
>Yep, they played the original Revolver album, with all
>the tracks, in order. Earlier they played Monk stuff
>(first set).  Second set was start-to-finish, no
>extended jams or anything.

first set was cool.  they played only a handful of
tunes, but it ended up being over an hour.  17 min
version of "circle of quiet" was wickedcrazy.  cool
gtr stuff.

second set- good stuff.  i wish i had "revolver."
it's the only post-rubber soul beatles that i still
need.  well, i suppose "need" isn't the right word.
perhaps "want" is more correct.  good set, though.

>some guitarist from a local band that I can't
>remember

'twas Dave Eberhard (sp?) of the Katie Reider Band
and Lux.

>They had Monk t-shirts in a Beatle-art style.

yeah, they were cool.  i only had $10 on me, which
was good.  otherwise i probably would have bought
one- which would be bad.  how many t-shirts do i
need?  apparently i didn't need that one. :)  but
it was cool.

>Big crowd, but unusual for that place; seemed older
>or something.

monk seems to pack that place out habitually.  yeah,
some older people were.  ya know, those 30yo's who
walk in only for the second set.  those types of
people can be annoying.  ;P

just kidding, mind you. :)  i think you just thought
it was an older crowd in comparison to the ryan
adcock show with little kids in attendance.  right?

oh, bruce, i'd been listening to elliott "fig8" a
lot this morning (about 3 times).  *really* good.

Dan

np: caedmon's call - long line of leavers

+-  Dan Temmesfeld   -  dtemm(at)yahoo(dot)com  -+
 'surely all art is the result of having been in
 danger, of having gone through an experience all
 the way to the end, to where no one can go any
+-       further...' (rainer maria rilke)       -+