the craft of writing?

> hallo.  lynz here.

hoi!  that was for mark too, btw.

> my best guest would be that Linford (and many other
> excellent writers) would be horrified that somebody
> quit writing "in submission" to them.

and even forgetting the writers...:)  as a _human
being_ who believes in the experience of life, i would
be horrified.  and if it is really about success in
the area (writing here), than why in the world am i
actually scribbling away?

> and insist that you continue to write--for practice,
> for records, for your loved ones, for sanity and
> peace
> of mind.  most insist you write every day.

oh yes...and even in the morning before your fascade
can have too much to do with everything :)  i find
incredible insight at 5:30...a.m...i know, i know.  it
seems evil....even as i'm cursing something and not
able to crack my eyes much more open than to barely
see the page i'm making quite crookedly.

> my big brother likes to write poetry.  some of it is
> mildly bad poetry.  will I tell him that?  no.

i'm glad no one ever told me that :)  b/c you should
see what i came up with in my teenybopper years!
airing out the dirty laundry here, in good company of
course as i'm sure you know the people here are not
shy.  someone said, "in order to do something well, we
must first be willing to do it badly."  falls right in
line with london's advice.

have a pleasant saturday!  my parents and doggy are
visiting me!!!!  :)  very happy marie.  we are
picnicing in parks, playing around in nearby small
towns.  antique stores, clear skies, daisey mae (my
precious sheep dog) and no work.

hasta la proxima-
marie