Re: five iron felicity

Yeah, having grown up in Vancouver in the early 90's, i had many a chance to
see the 'Ladies before they crossed the border and became megastars.  They
always put on a fun, energetic (if not totally thought provoking) show.
Now, thinking of the BNL evokes another question.  Why is it so difficult
for great Canadian bands to crossover into stardom down here in the US?
Bands like the Tragically Hip, Sloan, 54-40, and Jane Siberry (attn: OtR
content here; do you all remember her brilliant opening show for the Emery
Theatre concert a couple of years back) are all very worthy radio bands,
but, here in Dallas, it is nigh to impossible to find people who have heard
of them.

ken

> >I noticed she will be opening for the Barenaked Ladies
> >here in Ottawa.... I'm almost considering it but I
> >don't know that I want to see the "Ladies"...
> >
> I saw BNL on their last tour through my area, and they were VERY
enjoyable.
> Great show all-around. Money well-spent.

/OtR/