Re: Beatles

> > True, the Beatles were a bit pathetic, but they had their moments.
>
> "their moments" included everything from "rubber soul" and afterwards-
> once they started experimenting theirselves AWAY FROM the poppy "i wanna
> hold your hand" stuff.

Everything?  Hardly.  There was a fair bit of mediocre stuff in the latter
half of their career, too.  And it's not like their early music wasn't any
good.  The amazing thing about the Beatles is that they went from making
pop-jingle "entertainment" to making "art" and did both so well.

--- Peter T. Chattaway ------------------------ petert at interchg_ubc.ca ---