Re: Moonlite Gardens show

Thanks for writing your review, Andy!  Nice to hear from you -- and sorry
I didn't see you at the show!

My impressions (quickly 'cause I need to go to work...)

Brownhouse -- yes, more than a little bit of OtR influence here.  A few
really nice songs, though!

Ticklepenny Corner:  Liked 'em a lot!  If you hear they're playing
somewhere, I'd recommend 'em.  On a sidenote, I picked up their cd and
it's very good! -- produced by "our very own" Ric Hordinski, even
distributed in the brown cardboard, hand-stamped packaging (is that a Ric
trademark, or is it a common low-budget thing to do?)

OtR -- Got to hear the new stuff that I keep hearing about.  Little Blue
River was a highlight ("In the Garden" is a fav. hymn of the friend
sitting next to me, so she was quite thrilled to hear that).  Ummm, what
was up with Karin's "material girl" look?  I dunno, Andy, I didn't quite
go for the pigtails, huge hoop earrings and eye makeup....  Not an 80's
boy, I guess.  Linford was in an especially chatty mood, I think, between
songs.  Couldn't get the guy to shut up and play! ; )  Actually, that's
totally cool with me -- love to hear him talk!  Jack:  great playing --
anybody remember which song it was he was really starting to jam on and
wanted Don to keep playing, but Don mis-interpreted (I think) and thought
he was wanting to stop the song, so it was cut off a little early?
(weirdly phrased question, sorry!)  I asked Hazel about the progress on
Jack's new album and I believe she said he would be starting to mix it
either this week or next and hopes to release it around the same time as
OtR's next one (is that code for NEVER!??!?)

And it was friggin' COLD!  Can I get an AMEN!?  Man, I came unprepared
for autumn to be in attendance.  Was really clear and nice, though.  The
sky was pristine, the moon was "pregnant" (as Linford noted), ...very
nice!  : )  And speaking of pregnant, when Karin first walked out she had
her big acoustic around her neck and with the long coat she was wearing I
couldn't tell that her hips were turned slightly beneath and that her
guitar was resting on her hip -- sure looked like the guitar was leaning
up against a round tummy!  But, I was wrong, so don't get excited -- I
just thought I'd share......

Ok, nothing much to say about Don and Dave.  I like 'em ok.  Hard to get
used to all that hair back there, though....  Anybody else think Dave L
looked like a post-'Nam Lieutenent Dan? (but with legs, of course)...

Arright.  gotta go. thanks for listenin'.  back to the shadows,

Jon