my apologies. some days i'm like this.

Hi.  Somewhat unexpectedly, I will be making it to the rock and roll me
away little blue river show tonight.  But I don't know what I'll be
wearing, so maybe you'll never find me.  And if I describe myself, you'll
just think I'm describing Bink, even though we don't really look alike,
and he's a much more snappy dresser than me.  So what's the use?  :)
I'll be the bearded fellow hovering near Amy Joy.  Only it's a goatee,
see?  Not Amy.  My beard.  And I'm absolutely sure I always misspell
goatee, though; so I'm afraid to spell it.  What's the rule book say
about this?  And anyway, it's red.  Not the rule back.  Well.  Actually
that, too.  My Webster's is red.  But so is my goatee.  Not blazing red.
But certainly in the away-from-blond-toward-red shade.  I don't know why
that's so.  My hair isn't that red.  I was born platinum (I was born a
rockstar).  But that plumage has darkened and reddened.  But it's not
red, really.  But my Irish genes have dictated that my beard shall be
more red than my hair.

And that I shall enjoy Guiness.

Speaking of Irish.  Recently I watched _Far and Away_.  Yeah.  I know.
But Tom and Nic weren't so bad as Irish immigrants, really, even if it
was a happily-ever-after kinda tale.  But once in a while a good Ron
Howard film is good for the soul.  That Opie.  He just really knows how
to play those passions and make you feel like doing good.  No really.  I
know it ain't high art.  Please.  But there's something okay about it.
And there's something okay about that Orinoco Flow song at the end by
Enya.  I think, "Fred, stop liking this."   And then I still like it.
But I ain't buying the disk.

Also, I can't seem to resist liking that "Teenage Dirtbag" song by
Wheatus.  I just feel so good for the kid when the girl asks him to the
Iron Maiden show.  And then the money line is when he wails, "Ooooo
Yaaaaaaaa" after she asks him.  That's great pop.

Anyway, does anyone remember a year or so ago when somebody posted a note
that said something like, "Wow!  I just found the hidden track on GDBD!
I never realized it was there, and I feel so dumb.  Because it's pretty
much my favorite song ever created  since the heavens were made and Pluto
was placed in orbit out past Dumbo."?  And I think some people got mad at
him.  Because it was all a big lie.  But I was just now thinking, "Fred,
you know, that person was pretty funny.  Hahahaha."  This being our
little trip down amnesia lane for the day.

Has anyone read a book called, _The Monkeywrench Gang_?  Is it good?
It's an Earth Firster book about sabotage or something.  I mean.  Not a
how-to book so much as a little history of Earth First.  I *guess*.
Anyway.  Anyone got a review?

Yes.  I am fully at random this morning.

Can the shoe drop twice or three times without herding all the monkeys
and elephants backward and forward through the gates of methusalah's high
power high octane high concept high art motor scooter midway show?  The
answer of course is 1940 1940 1940, and the people were all watching the
bomb explode in the desert: oo ah oo ah oo ah!  Like that they whistled
and yelled and said, "Son, this is why America will have more microwaves
than even Canada."  Can I get a witness!  Yay!  can I get a witness?  No!
 No?  Yes.  Why.  Understood and undertowed, sir.  We are rushing the
gates, but the gates are so far away that we are out of breath.  Of
breath?  Ah.  And now I understand.  You all will never fill America's
microwaves at this rate.  You all will never shelve America's cereal
boxes at this rate.  You all will never get the free toy with six proofs
of purchases at this rate.  Head up, Joe!  We need you now.  Drop the
shoe, drop the shoe, drop the shoe.  We're wating for your other shoe to
drop, and we still don't know what the phrase means.  That is all.

See you tonight, maybe,

Fred