Faith Confirmed

OK, so this morning of all mornings was a quiet one - quitely getting
dressed, she wasn't really talking to me (not mad, mind you, just
conectrating on other things, and late as usual.)  And since it's Wednesday
I turned on the radio.  It was set on NPR and it was a story of how the
archaeologist who found the Titanic had found a civilization burried at the
bottom of the Black sea.  And he found a large wooden structure that he
postulated to be Noah's ark.  And the commentator (on NPR!) read from
Genesis - for effect.

And what I had turned the radio on for was to tune into the Brooke and Bill
show, on WUSC - radio to the University of South Carolina.  Brooke is in my
improv group, so it's a tradition that we listen every Wednesday and, God
help them, nobody else seems to.  So I called her up and made a few
requests.  (Incidentally, I was the only one who called - it was a free CD
give away - Free CD!  And we talked about the tensions in the improv group
and life, etc. and I requested something from Aerosmith Pump, of course, and
if not have you heard of a group called Over the Rhine?  No, R-h-i-n-e.)
And here's the thing, when I requested the Cure - Close to Me, for Caitie
she played another cure song that was, well, kinda spooky.  Nice thought,
though.  And when I requested Talent Show by the Replacements from Don't
Tell a Soul in honour of our improv show that week, well she played Kiss Me
on the Bus.  Again, close, but no cigar.  And you can never tell with these
college radio stations - they have so much crap to sift through.  So I sat
back expecting something, not sure what, but certainly something a little
off the mark.  C'est la vie.

And lo and behold she found a copy of GDBD (the re-release) and played "It's
never quite as it seems" a dreamy, soul searching, press on toward the goal
type piece.  I just bought GDBD a few weeks ago (been searching) and of
course we couldn't afford it, but some of those things are like the
hyacinths for the soul.  (Half for bread,... anyone?)  And it confirmed my
faith in the transcendent and the beautiful.  Driving to work in the
slanting morning sun with the radio way up (playing quiet songs loudly) and
listing to angels.

hold still
'cause the first
shall be the last
those that burn with thirst
will lift their glass

thanks all
dean

The Barstool Philosophers - Bringing Improv to the Masses!
http://www.barstoolphilosophers.com