Re: age

>From: rhys daily <shadow at teuton_org>
>otr talks a lot about time passing and youth and growing up... and...
>and i wondered - when does age cease to matter?  when does it stop being a
>status thing?
>
>the guy i interveiwed finished university before i was 10. he was somewhat
>taken aback and a little snotty by being interviewed by me. o well. no
>skin off me.  but - is ti always going to be that way? or is there some
>pointt that people each where age isnt so much a big deal?  was he
>insulted? should he have been?

     Age snobbery seems to be a personal choice.  When I
was in college I did not think age mattered and often
talked with people who were older, some retired.  Those
older people who talked with me did not seem to care
about age.  Other older people did care and did not talk
with anyone my age except to tell me that I was somehow
wrong.  By the time I was 22 or 23 people younger than
me excluded me for my age.  Agism attacks can come from
both directions.  Just look for people who do not judge
harshly because of age.  Those who feel insulted by you
talking with them because of age would find some other
reason to be insulted even if you were the same age.
Avoid negative people as much as it is practicle and your
life will go much more smoothly.

--Rick C
smoothly