RE: the future of OTR...

Personally, I originally had SOME concern during what I'll call the
"inbetween stage" while Otr was recovering from the loss of Ric and
then Brian -- not that the band wasn't good, occasionally I saw
INCREDIBLE sparks of potential, but things seems to be stagnant for
some time -- hearing the same songs over and over while KNOWING that
they were writing a TON of new material yet rarely ever hearing it.
That started to worry me.  But no more.  After hearing the quality of
the last 2 MP3's (this month's "remix", and last month's harmonica
solo version of Toledo), the studio version of "Goodbye" from the
ROARING LAMBS comp., and catching their PHENOMINAL set at Cornerstone
this Summer, I have no doubts.  Over the Rhine is back and with a
vengeance -- I saw the potential there, but now to see it beginning
to be realized excites me.  And yeah -- I think this next record
could explode, from the hints here and there I've heard of it, and
I'm definitely excited.  Let them get popular -- yet again I'll be
able to say to all my friends "I told you so" (which happens fairly
frequently as bands I've always loved become HUGE).

really excited,

mr. shannon lee lewis
SLEWIS at libris_libs.uga.edu
http://www.wdausa.org/   (WDA)
http://soe.pair.com/     (Set on Edge)
NOW PLAYING;  Sixteen Horsepower - Secret South