The future of OtR

Alright,
I've been pondering this for some months and it has finally nagged me enough
to drive me out of my lurk-hole and onto your screen.
I was wondering what the general consensus is on what the list (or the band
for that matter) would like to see happen to Over the Rhine in terms of, and
I hesitate in using this term, popularity?
I can develop a case for either side.
While it does get annoying talking about OtR to people who have never heard
of them, that may be what makes them so appealing. It's like we have this
beautiful little secret. I enjoy sharing this secret with others but I
wonder what would happen if this secret was suddenly in the limelight.
They deserve to be recognized for the beauty that they produce in this
world.
But what do THEY want? They signed with Virgin, does that  not imply that
they wouldn't mind fame so much? Keep in mind I am in no way accusing them
of selling out. They signed on their terms, or so goes the rumor.
Anyway, waddya think?
Love Ya,
Rob