Brady's on September 23

Hallo all.

It's about that time again. Time to pack my guitar and
drive due east to Kent, Ohio, where I will once again
be playing on the floor graced by the likes of Over
the Rhine, Vigilantes of Love, and Michael Kelsey.

On September 23 at 8 o'clock in the evening Rick
Callender (that's me) will be strumming out heart and
soul to anyone who walks off the pavement and in
through the doors of Brady's Cafe. I've played for
"Romanians" (hi, Amy!) and more recently opened for
VoL on the same dusty floor. (THAT was a dream come
true all in itself!)

If you are curious on what my brand of songwriter's
music sounds like, ask any of the listees who have
seen me play before. Even Bill Mallonee complimented
me on my lyricism, if that helps any. (Anyone who's
ever spoken with Bill knows he doesn't say it if he
doesn't mean it.) Cover is just two bucks, so you
can't go wrong.

It's also a good chance to meet new and old listees,
and it's definitely the best opportunity for JG to get
his copy of Drugstore back. (Oops.)

So if you can, come on out! I'd love to catch up with
those of you I haven't seen in so long and it'd be
great to meet some of the newer listees. I'll be
playing stuff off of a new EP in the works (keep your
fingers crossed, I might have a few pre-release copies
by then) and you'll get to figure out which OtR tune
I've put on the upcoming tribute album (if you don't
already know).

So there. I did it. Another shameless self-promotional
plug.

Discuss.

bink