Ruttles, Borne

Ruttles...

Yep, same here.  I have the LP and the CD (four bonus tracks, but a lot less
interesting than the album booklet).  I suppose I should track down the video as
well.

Doubleback Alley takes me back and in my mind I see...
Happy smiling faces if I flog my memory.

A friend of mine commented that the most striking subtlety of The Ruttles is
that most of these parodies could just as easily have been real Beatles songs.
(with the exception above, of course).

Music to be born by...

A quick check of the MP3 library turned up...

Innocence Mission - just about any CD.
Dead Can Dance - Aion
Iona - Journey Into The Morn, Book Of Kells or Beyond These Shores.
Jeff Johnson - Psalmus

As far as OTR is concerned, just about anything off GDBD or DNOTY.  The Darkest
Night seems especially appropriate.  It does celebrate a special birth, after
all.  Amelia's Last sticks in my head as an excellent track in for the occasion,
with "someone breathed his breath on us" in the air for one's first breath.

My sister commented that when she looked through the glass at our mom and dad
the moment after her first child was born, she saw our parents for the first
time.  You will, I suspect, know flesh and know spirit in a way you never
expected in that moment.  God bless you.