Monk at Flevo

Hi,

i'm not much of a concert reviewer, but here are some memories of Monk
concerts at Flevo Festival last week.

Monk ROCKED!!

They were three: Ric, Mike, Brian.
No sign of the new percussion guy, Josh(?).

They played two shows on Friday, August 18, one on main stage and one later
that night at about 1:15AM.

I was right up front both shows, the one on main stage between teenaged
girls who were there for the German cutie-boys band that played before Monk.
They didn't dig Ric c.s. Nor did, I'm afraid, most of the audience. Sorry
for them.
Far too soon, the presenter came on stage to announce the next band. Ric was
just switching guitars but was allowed no more play.

The later show found a more interested audience. They played three or four
songs, before, again, their time was up. They were old they had five more
minutes, which brought Ric to say: "we don't have songs that are only five
minutes". He managed to take some time off the next band.

To see for yourself what and how Ric played, visit
http://www.yfc.nl/flevo/uk and click on Friday.
There's a review and a link to a .ram video file of the mainstage concert.

I managed to buy " O " at the festival. I have number 337. It is good.

Ric told me the new album will be out in October.

Other good bands at Flevo have been:
The Violet Burning, a Raggamuffin Band, glorybox, Kate Miner, Jennifer
Knapp.
I don;t like hip hop  a lot, but KJ52 and John Rueben are fun.
I don;t like dance music a lot, but World Wide Message Tribe are good.

Enough.

Mark

NP - Monk Live at Flevo