Re: New and in need of knowing

Martin writes:

> Hi everyone.  My name is Martin and I am from Los
>  Angeles California.  I am one of those who has been
>  inspired by Over the Rhine to listen, write, and enjoy
>  people, enjoy life.  I discovered OTR by mistake.
>  Someone put the CD In the Punk section (which is one
>  of my favorite types of music). I opened the cover and
>  read the lyrics and fell in love with it.  I had the
>  chance to sample the CD and fell in love with the
>  music.  I became an instant fan.  I have been a fan
>  for about six years.  It is very hard to buy the bands
>  material in L.A. and listening to them live is even
>  harder.  I would love to know when if ever are Over
>  the Rhine coming to Los Angeles.  If that information
>  is available please let me know.  I hope to get 411 on
>  the band coming to L.A.   Thanx....@)------

Woohoo!  Another Californian lostie!  Hey Martin...  Welcome to the list.  If
my memory serves, it's been close to 3 years since OtR has been thru SoCal
(not counting the times they opened for the Cowboy Junkies) and I wouldn't
hold my breath for them to come through until the new album comes out (at the
earliest).  This is certainly not one of their normal tour stops, which is
why I've hit the road several times in the last year or so when I've wanted
to see them.  That also gives me the added benefit of getting to meet other
losties.

Steve
oncleboo at aol_com

"Talking nonsense is man's only privilege that distinguishes him from all
other organisms." -- Fyodor Dostoyevsky