Moon

I suspect it was so red because of the wildfires out west.  I saw it the night
before, but I'm sure it wasn't quite as spectacular.  Still really cool, though.
Blood red in a scarf of dark clouds.

There is a weird optical deal where moondust is more defractive with light
straight on (like a diamond), rather than to the side.  That's why a full moon
is 40 percent brighter than you would think, if you simply doubled the light of
a half moon.  It also works with moondust in a lab, brought back by Apollo.

These are your FDA recommended useless facts for the day.