Re: soccer/futbol (RE: Good flicks?)

On Wed, 9 Aug 2000 08:22:46 -0600 (MDT) rhys daily <shadow at teuton_org>
writes:

> o, yay. just like america (loose interpretation) running around
> getting
> all the other countries who don't follow thie code and blasting them
> with
> economic sanctions.

And that, my fine international friend, is why Dough Boy and his sidekick
Internet Man are being banished from the house, voted off the island,
cancelled...

> no... in soccer you have 'is my foo tfast enough to take the ball
> without
> touching him?' or 'can i jump higher than he and get the ball with
> only my
> head and control a pass to my teammate?' 'i'm runnin! and no one can
> keep
> up with me, except that ***** guy who is intent on stealing *my*
> ball!' or
> trapping a wild kick and then faking around someone to score a high
> right
> placed goal.  and running full-speed - tkaing the ball, but tkaing a
> hard
> hit and keeping going.

Yeah, right on Charlie!

> american football.
>
> grunting and lots of lining up and throwing the ball. run a few
> feet. tackle.  start over.

Don't forget "my hemmut and my shoudamuppads..."

> futbol - run. run. run. steal. run some more. tackle. score. kick.
> trap.
> run. run. run. it just seems more... graceful to me.

not to mention infinitely more athletic

Hey, this is fun.  Keep it up guys!

Kelvin