Re: Good flicks?

I agree with Thurmond and Kelvin.  The defining moment of the film for me
was Ricky Fitts' monologue while watching the video of the bag, and saying
"Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world I feel like I can't take it,
like my heart's going to cave in" and it's twin in Lester's closing lines:
"I suppose I could be pissed off about what happened to me. But it's hard to
stay mad when there's so much beauty in the world. Sometimes I feel like I'm
seeing it all at once, and it's too much. My heart fills up like a balloon
that's about to burst." then "I can't feel anything but gratitude for every
single moment of my stupid little life."

It's beautiful, taken ironically or (hopefully) literally.  The majority of
the film didn't show the best side of humanity, but still Ricky and Lester
saw beauty in the face of so much ugly.  If I didn't go into the film with
pretty much the same attitude, I think it would have changed me...  :)

Annette Bening and Kevin Spacey did great jobs, as did everyone in the film.
  The music was perfect, and Conrad Hall's cinematography was damn pretty.

in my opinion of course,