FW: Good flicks?

----------
From: chelsea kay <chelsea at joshuahouse_org>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2000 09:44:59 -0500
To: Kelvin T Bailey <kelvinbailey at juno_com>
Subject: Re: Good flicks?

Hey. Thanks for your response. I was hoping that someone would respond. I
may be pretty touchy about that whole subject because I once knew someone
(a good friends husband) who went down that path but chose the other
direction. He destroyed his wife, daughter, and the girls life.  And I once
worked for a man who had an obvious problem with the way he looked at
teenage girls. It scared me to death. So... I must admit that anything on
that topic alarms me. Plus I suppose it's unfair for me to make any calls
without having seen it... I always try not to do that... I guess I'm just
really wrestling with this whole issue of where the boundries are for
society, for art, for holiness... etc. I tend to agree that the message of
the whole piece is the important part to grapple with... not picking it
apart like a puzzle. It was meant to be a whole. Not pieces. But... well I
guess I can't say anymore about American Beauty in particular without seeing
it... but in general.... is any means justified as long as your coming to a
good end artistically? I don't know for sure what I think right now... what
I do know is that we can never say "you can't make that". That would be a
scary world. However... I would be guilty if I stopped grappling with what
was good for my soul.
Thanks for your response. Please respond again if you have any further
comments.
chelsea