Re: BEST local bands - Cinti-area, that is

Bruce Lachey wrote:
>Gold Tooth Display: Don't let the awful name scare you,
>they remind me of Black Crowes if Black Crowes didn't
>suck so bad, they're Lexington based though, one CD
>under GTD, one under "Nonchalant" 'til they realized some
>national funk band already had that name.  Another CD in
>6 months.

i've seen them twice.  both at annie's on kellogg.  both
times opening for King's X.  compared to many opening acts,
GTD was actually quite good.  'cept i was kinda annoyed
the 2nd time i saw them.  apparently, it was their bassists
last night with them, and they played for over an hour.
they were the first of 4 bands... GTD, Protein, Galactic
Cowboys, and King's X.

needless to say, GTD took up too much time...

>Lux: Rock.  Neat website.  They're at Blue Jordan festival
>this fall.

i haven't seen them before, but Mr. Rick Cassenelli tells
me that they are Katie Reider's backup band.  i like Katie's
music.  she'll be at the Blue Jordan Fest.

(ps- OtR at UD the same day as Blue Jordan... why do they
have to do that!?)

other good Cinti-area bands, IMO...

Heavy Weather: funk, soul, really cool saxaphonist, nice
sounds, great vocals... that's all i remember.  i was
impressed.  they're from Cinti...

Shrug: they're from Dayton.  pretty basic 3-piece rock
band, but they write good songs.  Tod Weidner (gtr/vox)
is also a good folky, singer/songwriter on his own...

Dan

+-  Dan Temmesfeld     Galactic Cowboys on the Web  -+
    dantemm at erinet_com      http://www.dlm.net/gc/