Re: The Black Crowes

Britt,

I did enjoy your ramblings.  Thanks.  And actually, I don't disagree.  I
think I was on a tangent when I wrote that.  Although I firmly believe
the basic philosophy behind what I posted, I think I would have to agree
with you concerning how that is played out.  You are right, there is
nothing new under the sun.  I think those that I consider truly original
(remember the first Jars of Clay cd) aren't deemed so necessarily because
they do things that have never been done before.  Usually, it's because
they take elements and combine them in ways that haven't been done
before.  (I know that Howard Roarke in The Fountainhead would truly freak
over that, but he's an extremist.)  I guess we should make a distinction
between those who are influenced by or pay homage to what's gone before
them, and those (Christina Agualalgladkfhdfklsd;hfara) who basically
mimic what they like - or what sales.
Besides, I actually like the Black Crows.  I wasn't picking on them
specifically.  (Although I still don't like the blues.)

It's kind of funny...Several people picked up on the Ayn Rand part of
that post,  but it took this long for someone to respond to the actual
content.  Who knows...
Opinions-R-Us