Re: BEST local bands

Check out www.localmusik.com for Cincinnati area bands.  It's sectioned a
little funny, but cool otherwise.

Some of mine:
Websters: Cover band usually, they have a fine CD of originals and usually
perform music better than any other band I've listed above.  Shelly Ross,
used to be on this list and thanked on every OtR release since Patience,
dragged Ric Hordinski to see 'em one night.  Dunno what he thought about
'em, it was years ago.

Radiolaria: nice, moody, guitar driven rock/pop, broke up last year; one CD,
one EP

Throneberry: Whoo boy, these guys get better and better.  Was nationally
signed, now I'm not sure.  "Squint Before the Dazzle" was power-pop and
slowish stuff.

The Magnets: 8 man ska band, formerly Lee Harvey Skaswold, fun, broke up
last year; one CD

Gold Tooth Display: Don't let the awful name scare you, they remind me of
Black Crowes if Black Crowes didn't suck so bad, they're Lexington based
though, one CD under GTD, one under "Nonchalant" 'til they realized some
national funk band already had that name.  Another CD in 6 months.

Thistle: Regular rock, at least two CDs.  Haven't seen 'em around much
lately though

Lux: Rock.  Neat website.  They're at Blue Jordan festival this fall.

Bruce