RE: before otr

Here's my two cents on pre-Otr music listening habits.
 Pre-high school, I was a heavy metal chick.  GnR,
Skid Row and other really tacky bands.  High school-
Midnight Oil, lots of U2, Daniel Lanois, REM,
Morrissey, Sisters of Mercy, Hothouse Flowers, Indigo
Girls, and The Beautiful South.  I also rank local
junk-a-billy misfits The King Dapper Combo as a top
favorite.  Through college (the past 6 years), I've
been keen on Jeff Buckley, Jane Sibbery, John Hiatt,
Chris Isaak, Brian Setzer,Moby, Dead Can Dance,
.............. lots of stuff!)  Akron has a great
modern rock/quality rock station (waps 91.3, was 89.1)
that played (and still plays) just the coolest blend
of super-cool music (including all of the above.
Really.)  They played early OtR way back when, so I
guess that I was always listening to them, but I
didn't really get to hear them much until a friend's
copy of "besides" landed in cd player a few years ago.
 Since then, they've been the band  most likely to
occupy my cd player.  Okay, I'm done now.  Take care,
all.  Much love, -Alyssa