otr vs. monk @ C-Stone...and hardcore...

I must say that I was refreshed greatly that to see both Monk and
Over the Rhine at the same festival, primarily because I believe both
bands have done a FABULOUS job of finding themselves and their
sounds.  To hear both bands perform CIRCLE OF QUIET in their own
distinct style sorta brought it all home to me -- I loved BOTH
interpretations, but they were so VERY different.  Jack has grown a
major member of OTR, and they've brought back many of the classics,
in their own new style, and Ric's voice has developed greatly, and
his songwriting has improved.  I've very excited to say that I truly
believe that both Over the Rhine and Monk's next full-lengths will be
their best, and I'm glad we've got 2 so very great bands to listen
to.

On another note -- this year actually had LESS hardcore than last
year, believe it or not.

On one more other note;  the "Jesus Junk" at C-stone is very
insignificant in comparisson with every other Christian music
festival in this country...I was rather pleased at how little there
was.

blessings,

mr. shannon lee lewis
SLEWIS at libris_libs.uga.edu
http://www.wdausa.org/
http://soe.pair.com
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep
 to gain what he cannot lose." -- Jim Elliot
NOW PLAYING;  Denison Witmer - SAFE AWAY, The Violet
Burning - I AM A STRANGER IN THIS PLACE.