No Subject

> Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 07:37:28 -0400 (EDT)
> From: Cygnet <sswans83 at calvin_edu>
> Subject: Re: Shannon Stephens
>
> Here,
> I hope this is the same Shannon Stephens, but I know her fairly
well.
> She used to be in a band called Marzuki from Holland, MI before
she
> moved out to Seattle a year or so ago.  I haven't had a chance to
hear
> her solo stuff, but I loved the band.  They put out two or three
albums
> on their own and played at my school frequently.  I interviewed
her for
> our campus paper and radio station.

Yeah, it's the same Shannon Stephens ... her solo stuff is a lot
mellower than Marzuki (anybody know where I could get the
Marzuki disc pre-No One Likes A Nervous Wreck?) and absolutely
excellent ... she's got an EP and a full length out now.  Sufjan
Stevens (Marzuki's multi instrument guy)( has an incredible solo
disc out as well ...

shannonstephens at yahoo_com will get her ...

Todd

 "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it,
doesn't go away".

                -Philip K. Dick-