Re: Canal Street Sell-Out

I can assure you that the girl who was sitting on the steps didn't
intentionally mean to mislead you.

Rick wrote:
>For future reference: you can buy advance tickets by mail from
>Canal Street Tavern by enclosing an extra $2 per order.  I
>found that you need to call late afternoon or evening because
>they are closed early in the day.  If it is too close to the
>show date you can have the tickets kept will-call and get them
>from the ticket taker.  The next time you hear of a concert
>there that you are interested in call them and ask how you can
>get tickets mailed to you.

also for future reference, the venue is normally open after 8pm on most
nights that they have concerts (every night except for monday).  were they
really closed on thursday?  they're in the thick of the dayton battle of
the bands- maybe they just weren't open yet.  they're open from 4-7pm for
happy hour on days with dragon's games, and on other nights they normally
open the door around 8pm.  i got my ticket and Rick's ticket on two
different occassions after 9pm...

i am sorry about your luck, though.  they needed to do a double-show
weekend... that's why this one sold out so quickly...

Dan

+-  Dan Temmesfeld     Galactic Cowboys on the Web  -+
    dantemm at erinet_com      http://www.dlm.net/gc/