Re: OtR - Canal Street

At 09:23 PM 6/16/00 EDT, Rick Cassinelli II wrote:
>     I am planning to be there.  Is there any chance that
>I can talk you into buying an advance ticket for me?
>I will pay you on that Friday.  Or I could pay you
>tomorrow night if you come to Cincy for a free show of
>retro whiskey rock at Annie's (Bad Company and Molly
>Hatchet).

sure, i can pick you up a ticket.  but i doubt i'll be
making to the whiskey romp... i've been to annie's on
a number of occassions for some good hard rock acts
(king's x, galactic cowboys, dream theater, testament,
stuck mojo, yadda yadda)... i think i'll pass for
tomorrow, though- i've got plans.  but keep me posted
if there's ever another dj/breakdancing/tagging thing
going on there... those are cool (seriously)... i went
to a d.j. thing at top cats (on vine) last saturday.
it was way fun... i almost walked over to daniel's
afterwards to see if bruce was there, but my friend
was too pissed off about getting a parking ticket; so
i didn't.

anyway...

i can just get you the ticket in exchange for the $10
on friday before the show.  i plan on being on the steps
by around 5:30pm.  and not moving. :)  maybe we can
get some chinese carryout and eat it on the steps. :)
that's the only way to get food and a good spot... :)

>>Any pre-show plans?  Post-show?
>>
>     I'd be interested in a pre-show dinner nearby, such
>as something in the Oregon district.  Gourmet pizza
>comes to mind.  It is close enough to park once and
>walk to from Canal Street.

there's an uno's downtown.  i don't know if you'd consider
that to be "gourmet," though...

>np: (until a few minutes ago):  Pulp Fiction DVD from
>the library.  First time I ever saw it.

didn't care for that movie too much... i watched 200
cigarettes and pushing tin recently.  decent (C+) and
good (B+/A-), respectively.  i also watched the deleted
scenes from chasing amy... crazy.  kevin smith's movies
would be way too long if he never cut anything...

well, i'm on my way out... i'd invite you up tonight
for some cool shows, but alas, it's probably way too
late for you to find out and make it up here... some
jazz going on down in the O.D., and then there's some
kind of "internationally known" trip-hop d.j. here
in town... some schmoe i've never heard of, but it
might be good...

layta,
Dan

np: nada

+- Dan Temmesfeld     Galactic Cowboys on the Web -+
   dantemm at erinet_com      http://www.dlm.net/gc/