Re: [Re: Over-The-Rhine Digest V3 #190]

This album is not too bad, however, I would advise you to listen to it first.
And it definetly is no where near OTR. But I liked a couple of the tracks. See
if you can find a couple MP3 samples first.

BEric123 at aol_com wrote:
I received a copy of Wayne Kirkpatrick's The Maple Room a week or so ago. I
am not a big fan of CCM, but Kirk's cd is filled with intelligent lyrics, and

decent music. I can't say that it is my favorite album (it can in no way
compare with OTR), but for anybody out there who likes contemporary/Top 40
style music, they might want to check this disc out. This is my opinion (and
by no means an insult to Wayne Kirkpatrick)but this disc is not as good as
"Christian music" can get, but it's a pretty good start. I myself am not a
CCM fan, but I was given this CD, and asked to pass along what I thought
about it. If you are going to go buy a Christian CD, this is one that you
should consider.

Brittney