Re: guinness

> i like guinness cold.  why serve it warmer than other beers?

Hmm. I've been mulling this over, trying to figure out how to answer
it, but I don't think it can properly be answered.  It's like asking
whether or not pizza should be eaten cold - any given answer is relative.

Why do *I* like it at room temp (or just below)?  It seems to enhance
to already marvelously smooth qualities of the black stuff.  The flavor
seems deeper and more complex, and it leaves a very savory aftertaste
in the mouth.

Mmmmmm.  I want a Guinness.

Paul Christian Glenn pcg at mailandnews_com
Eon Chamber http://eonchamber.port5.com
Christian Realists http://x-real.firinn.org

Currently Reading: "The Brothers Karamazov" by Fyodor Dostoevsky

"Tomorrow I'm planning to write the great book
In which I will capture our time
Set forth the fury, the sound and the look,
If I could just make up my mind."

                                        -- T.S.T.