Creation,poetry and beyond, was Re: has the list limped to the side?

In a message dated 4/12/00 6:49:10 AM Central Daylight Time,
prayforamy at bigfoot_com writes:

<< Hopefully what we create goes beyond what we saw in the first place. >>

Yep.
I hope so too.
What I tend to see is all pretty much mundane day to day stuff. I'm mired in
it, the workweek, the weight that seems to sit in my head like lead, the
noise I fill myself with too much to drown out the lack of peace that too
often fills me. And, as someone who attempts poetry as his *art* for the
express reason of moving the reader beyond the mundane *into the mystic* or
at least into a place where life seems more than that aformentioned workweek
and reality a little more magical like other artists (like OtR) have for me
on occasion, well... if I'm not succeding I may as well give it up.

And if anyone says *give up* I'm gonna find me a cyberpunk to go over there
and smack ya!

 On interpretation;
 I think some of the fun of art is in the searching out and finding what the
artist intended but at the same time I think we meet ourselves and the artist
more fully, get the deeper stuff of a work when we bring ourselves into an
interpretation, it's kind of like communion with the artist AND his/her muse.
The best art is always mysterious, elusive, full of questions and longings.
It's *meaning* finds us almost subliminally, shaking us up and moving us
along on our respective journeys with our barely realizing what it has done.
We just *know* that we have somehow grown from the experience. In short, if
it doesn't move us, make us THINK then it's not ART.

((((( A little a side: ---> As a Christian I'll admit, as someone *on the
inside*, that many of *us* don't get that. Many creative endeavors by
Christians are little more than propaganda. BUT, I also think that much of
the most beautiful art ever made was and is being made by spiritual people.
It's as high and low as humanity itself sinks or raises in quality.)))))

 While it can never be exaustively understood what an artist intended (hell,
half of my stuff even I  don't  understand) that doesn't mean it can't be
known at all. And known well. But we must leave mystery in our work, leave
that room for that grandest Mystery of all to kick around in there. I've been
trying to write (or did before this last years massive writers block) using
words like surrealist images, finding metaphors to hammer out a portrait of
what I'm trying to say and lately the images don't always make sense fully as
words if read with exact meaning (poetic language has it's own rules of
course, but I mean even by that standard) but when read *together* and
*looking* at the images provoked it seems to take on a meaning of its own
that I never even intended or thought of. I find that kinda cool.

God's peace,
Kevin