Re: Re: MM

Okay...If I say that a thing has no real value apart from real life context or application, you can assume that I believe that it has value when it is in conjunction with real life context or application.  However, I would probably add that ideas and opinions only have value if they reflect the truth or lead one to the truth.  But I DON'T WANT TO DO THIS! STOP IT! MAKE THE VOICES GO AWAY!

On Wed, 12 Apr 2000 13:49:17 -0500 Paul Christian Glenn <pcg at mailandnews_com> wrote:

> So, I guess I'm saying that I call it mental masturbation, not
> because it has no value, but because if taken with no real life
> context or application, it is pretty much self-serving and therefore
> useless.

That's true of *everything*, though.  So, according to this logic,
why should we ever form opinions or ideas about *anything*?

Paul Christian Glenn pcg at mailandnews_com
Eon Chamber http://eonchamber.port5.com
Christian Realists http://x-real.firinn.org

Currently Reading: Dave Barry's Guide To Life