guns

good evening everyone :)

kyle says:

the key is training, it's not hard to teach someone not to put their
finger on the trigger unless they mean to pull it, and never to point the
muzzle at anyone unless they want that person dead.  but i don't have little
rug rats running around loose anywhere near my apartment, and probably
aren't going to have any anytime soon, so...but that's just my opinion, i
could be wrong.

-->i'd love to pipe in with an "exactly!" b/c what you're saying about
training is so ideal and is integral.  it's something we miss so often in
this lovely social contract :)  still, i love to play devils advocate; and
after taking care of some amazing rugrats for the hours and years that i
have (just call me aunt marie or miss marie: everyone else does!), even the
best trained child is still just a kid.  it takes a lot of time to raise up
a child in the way they should go so i'd hate to put my stamp of approval on
your idea (even though i'd love to agree with it) with quite a few years in
there of messing up.  there's so much grace for mistakes regarding many
consequences, but loaded weapons are a different story.  i know, i know: oh
miss marie of little faith :)

-marie