RE: Gun locks , wasRe: Pass the drugs, please

>A padlock of sorts that would need a key or combo to make the gun operable.
>Possibly something  built right into the weapon. If there is such thing on
>some of them now I did'nt know about it so excuse my ignorance.

there are trigger locks you can buy that fits inside the trigger guard of
guns to prevent them from firing, usually it takes a key to unlock it.  and
smith and wesson just agreed to (some say pressured into) build locks into
their handguns.  a lot of gun stores are protesting, and you can probably
pick up a S&W for under market value right now.

but the reason why i would want a gun is not for hunting, i would want it
because someday i might need to use it and in a hurry, so the trigger lock
would be pointless.  i would always keep mine loaded and with one round in
the chamber at all times just because if shit hits the fan, i might not have
the time or might forget to jack the slide and seconds that count might be
lost.  the key is training, it's not hard to teach someone not to put their
finger on the trigger unless they mean to pull it, and never to point the
muzzle at anyone unless they want that person dead.  but i don't have little
rug rats running around loose anywhere near my apartment, and probably
aren't going to have any anytime soon, so...but that's just my opinion, i
could be wrong.