Re: CBS

My plane was late arriving into the La Guardia aiport, so instead of
taking the $10 shuttle to the corner of 59th and 5th, I had to hop into
a cab (Dug calls it a roller coaster ride) so I wouldn't be late.  Just
as I got there, I walked up in front of the GM building and didn't
really notice anything except the ordinary hustle and bustle of the
street.  There were people standing, walking, drinking coffee--there
were street musicians, cameras--waitaminute!  was that street musician
Linford?  After standing for a minute I over heard two girls talking and
they mentioned Cincinnati.  I struck up a conversation with them and it
turned out one of them was Stephanie Rheil!  After a few minutes of
"omigoshitsnicetofinallymeetyou!" Stephanie grabbed my arm and dragged
me over where none other than Snoop Duggy Dug was hanging out in the
corner handing out posters.

We all proceeded to walk around and get into trouble ater that.  The
band played Faithfully Dangerous for the taping.  They recorded it about
4 times until the producers were happy with it.  All the fans and
passersby who felt compelled to were allowed to come up the steps behind
the band and get in the shots that panned the whole band.  After it was
all over and the union guys and the sound guys were rolling up the
carpet, bundling the cables, etc whatever, it started to flurry snow.
Needless to say, it was very cold Wednesday morning.

Later, and this is where the "trouble" comes in, Dug was telling me
about how his cheers were on Besides. He was even demonstrating how he
sounded.  It just so happened that this was right about the time Mark
McEwan was interviewing Karin and Linford. We hear this voice come
drifting over the Plaza "Hey, can you hold it down. We're doing an
interview here and you're coming over the mic!"  Yes, Snoop had been
called out like the fanboy that he is by Mark McEwan.

It was okay later though.  Karin relayed the story that  night at the
Lamb's.  She even dedicated Lucy to him. "It's not as bad as you think,
Snoop."

I met several listees/non-listees at the show.  StephaniB, and Chris
(Luce) with her friends Jamie, Karli, and I'm sorry I forgot the name of
the other non-listee, nice girl in the front seat, get out and ask for
directions, doesn't much like Jewel's Poetry book, friend of Chris's!
:)  I met a cool guy named Joel (was he with StephaniB) who enlightened
me on American Beauty and existentialism--"There's so much beauty..."

I met a NYC chick standing outside the theater before the show and she
said she had never heard of OTR before, but, her friends in ?London?
(somewhere in Europe) had e-mailed her and told her she must not miss
this show since they were playing in her city.  Are you London/European
listees reading this?  I meant to ask the NYC chick if she liked the
show afterwards, but she got out of there quick.

The show was great.  I like Mr. Labruyere more and more every time I see
him.  The only thing I can say negatively is about the drummer, Don
Heffington.  I know, I know, I just can't get over the loss of Brian,
but Don just never seemed to mesh with the rest of the band, and at
times his drumming seemed canned--almost like it was programmed.  Don't
get me wrong, but he just wasn't up to the standard...  And sadly, there
was no Terri at either performance.  I forgot to ask why, but that meant
no "I love you. Terri" broadcast over the airwaves on the early show.  I
was fully prepared to do it too--since I was there representing you all.

I could type on and on, but less is more.  And you're thinking "this is
less!"  :)

I scanned in a few pictures and put them on a page, however flawed,
designed to make you wish you were there.  The URL is
http://user.icx.net/~marquis/

have fun.