RE: guns

>Here in the UK handguns are banned. In London last year there were 32
>murders (which is very low for a city of London's size) and only 2 of those
>were gun-related (therefore drug-related). I think the numbers speak for
>themselves. Children will keep on dying needlessly until you understand
that
>thinking of gun ownership as a constitutional right denies the human right
>to life for all of us.

Lets talk about london, i bet the numbers here a tad low.  I think that's
only the "criminal" muders as opposed to general homicides (read terrorist
actions).  32 covers about one IRA bus bombing.  Do you really want to live
somewhere where you are not allowed to have guns, but the first response
teams(after the billy club carrying Bobbies) are fully armed SWAT teams or
,if you are really lucky, members of the 22nd Special Air Service Regiment
knocking down your door with flashbangs.  Yes, the constitutional laws in UK
is a bit different, they can and do use military units to enforce civilian
laws (and conduct assisnations).

how about crime rates in Switzerland?  where everyone is required by law to
have a military firearm in their household.?

I think of the children dying as a darwinian process.  It weeds out the
stupid and the unfit.  and maybe teach the parent(s) that they should keep
their guns better stored for their next ones.  But if they can't then its
better off their contribution to the gene pool be kept to a minimum.