Re: otr, ny, plane fares, and other stuff

stephani buttafuoco writes:

> hey guys,
>
>  for all you people stressing about plane fares, has anyone tried
>  priceline. com? i went to paris for about 300 so you should not be getting
>  prices like 900.

No, I have to admit, I didn't try Priceline, but even if I had, I could only
realistically hope for a 20 - 30% discount on the fare.  That still leaves me
looking at an easy $700, which is a bit more than I'm interested in paying.
Keep in mind that I was looking for a fare from southern California to NY
with a midweek departure and no Saturday stay.  The average person making a
trip of that nature is a business traveller, and the airlines charge
accordingly.  Frankly, I'm surprised that I found as good a fare as I did
considering I looked for the fare only about a week or so before I'd have
been needing to travel.

Thanks for trying to help though!

Steve
oncleboo at aol_com

np:  nothing

"Talking nonsense is man's only privilege that distinguishes him from all
other organisms." -- Fyodor Dostoyevsky