Re: Jack and Flannery

> "hmm. . . that crow seems to be calling my name," thought Caw.
> -j.h.
>
> >who is j.h.?  that could be me... hmmm. (i'm j.m.h though)

JH = Jack Handy of Deep Thoughts / Fuzzy Memories fame. I've read those
books hundreds of times and I still laugh at them. Call me simple. One of my
favorites.

> i've yet to read flannery.  i want her book of short stories.  can you
tell
> me the name of the book which contains her short stories?
>
> thanks,
> b'

Another one of my favorite authors: Mary Flannery O'Connor (1925-64). Get
"Flannery O'Connor: The Complete Stories" - 550 pages of pure reading bliss,
13th printing in 1978 - has a big peacock on the front. I got mine on eBay
awhile back. Her novels "Wise Blood" and "The Violent Bear it Away" are
great too, but warm up with the short stuff first. I wrote a paper about her
a while back that might be interesting...
http://www.geocities.com/pauli_67/paper-1.htm  If it's boring, just skip to
the bottom and check out the bibliography - there's some more books about
here down there.

There's a great scene in "Slingblade" that's an obvious Flannery O'Connor
reference - but I'll let you figure it out.

Stay cool.

Pauli